Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Goodies!

This week I was helping my Dad get gifts together for the people he works with.  I found these awesome little goodie boxes at my local xpedx store (I love that place by the way, they have just about every kind of bag, box, envelope, or paper you could think of.  I'm like a kid in a candy store there!)  We decided to fill them with some home made cookies and some fun holiday candy.  I decided to use some of my personal favorites including, peanut butter cups, almond roca, and peppermint balls. 
After the cookies had cooled I wrapped them in some plastic wrap and tied a piece of ribbon around the top.  I put them on one side of the box and then added a piece of tissue paper to hold our other little goodies on the other side.  I ended up using 6 peanut butter cup, 6 peppermints and 2 almond rocas along with 5 cookies per box.
After we had finished assembling them we simply stuck a tag on the top of the box and they were ready to deliver.  It ended up being really simple but turned out so cute!
I wanted to share my cookie recipe with all of you also.  I love this recipe, I got it years ago and have been making them this way ever since.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 cubes butter or margarine
3 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
6 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 cup oatmeal
Cream together sugars and butter.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Then dry ingredients.  Mix Well.  Then add chocolate chips and oatmeal.  Spoon onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
(I make these in my Bosch mixer but I'm sure a kitchenaid would work also.)
Happy baking!

2 comments:

Thayne said...

Thanks for the help and thanks for the idea! They were a big hit at the office.

Liz said...

Cute idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails