Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lamps

I've been working on a project that I'm excited to show you all. I'm just finishing up tonight and can hopefully get pictures taken to post for my Fabulous Friday post this week! But to give you a hint about what it is I'm doing a post about lamps. Lighting is extremely important in any design. Lamps specifically though are something that are not too expensive that can completely finish off a design. With a lamp you can add color, drama, glitz and glam, and character to any room. They're also a lot easier to install then any other type of lighting, and are easiest to change if your tastes change. It's much easier to switch out a lamp shade or spray paint the base a new color then it is to remove a sconce or ceiling mounted light fixture. I found a few awesome inspiration pictures to show you just how flexible and vibrant lamps can be. Look back tomorrow for my own lamp project!Use them to add color to a peaceful bedroom.Try something different and put the lamps behind the couch instead of on end tables.Lamps can also add symmetry and a sense of balance to a room, so instead of mixing try matching!
Add a lamp to the entry of your home. Not only can it add character and something interesting, it also can light up a dark entry and make it seem much more welcoming.

2 comments:

DesignFreak said...

Those are some super awesome lamps!!

Me.shell said...

I love lamps, they just make a room feel more cozy:) I can't wait to see your project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails