Monday, April 19, 2010

How to Hang A Picture Collage

So my Sunday afternoon project this week was to create a picture collage. We've been living in our house for about 6 months but haven't gotten any pictures hung up yet. I looked for instructions on the best way to do this since I didn't want to have a million holes in my wall from where I messed up. I found these fun instructions on this blog and decided to create my own.

First, I laid my pictures out how I wanted them to look on my wall. We had these neat pictures from our wedding of our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents that I've been wanting to do something with.Next, I traced each frame onto a piece of paper and made sure to make a mark where the nail needed to go.

Then I taped all of my papers onto my wall so that I could get everything lined up. Once I got everything up there I actually ended up completely flipping my collage to cover up a lovely hole that we had in our wall.

The next thing you need to do is put the nails in where you drew your dot. You can just nail straight through the paper. Then after you've done that you just need to remove your papers.


And here is your final product! A beautiful picture collage that is completely personal.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Great idea! It turned out beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails