Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hello, Sunshine!

The weather has been awful this week. It made me think how much I miss the sunshine. So I decided to do a post all about yellow. I love the color yellow, it's so happy and fun. You can do almost anything with yellow. You can use it as an accent color in a room or if you're really brave you can make it the main color. My bedroom is yellow. And I love it. It's so fun when the sun is shining through the window it just makes me want to dance. But then at the same time, at night it's so warm and inviting when I want to snuggle up in bed. And I love first thing in the morning when my whole room lights up as soon as the sun hits the walls. It's very peaceful. So in order to bring some sunshine into both of our days here are some fun ideas on how to use yellow when decorating.Add little accents. Pick up some yellow flowers or set out a fun bowl full of lemons. Not only are lemons an easy way to add some color to a room they last a long time so you don't have to worry about them going bad. I really love the yellow chair in this picture. If you have a chair that needs to be refinished consider painting it.I love these yellow lamps that they used in this room. Lamps are very important accessories that are often overlooked or left until the very last when a room is being re-done. But I am here to tell you that lighting can make or break a design. So next time you're in the market for new lamps remember to add some personality.Here is that painted furniture again. See how much pop those nightstands add to this bedroom. I also love that fun headboard. It would be easy to make this by painting it onto a wood headboard, but how much funner would it be to make it upholstered out of a striped fabric. You can find instructions on how to make one here.

I just absolutely adore this bedroom. I love that really warm yellow, it's almost more goldenrod if you ask me. And how fun to put bead board around the bottom of the wall. Another thing I really like about this room is that they paired a really bright color with another really bright color. I think a lot of times we are afraid to do this but as long as you don't over do it, it can be so much fun.

Hope this helps to bring some sunshine into your day!

[photos from House Beautiful and Country Living]

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love yellow, it's so bright and happy.

Teresa said...

I love yellow too! I matches almost everything and is a warm and happy color. Love your blog!! I will have to try some new ideas. My house is due for some touch ups!! Love ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails