Friday, May 28, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday

I found this article on House Beautiful this week about 12 easy decorating ideas you can do in a day. It was so fun and they got me thinking how easy little changes are but how fresh they make your home feel. Now that the weather is getting warmer it's the perfect time to start those projects you have been putting off all winter. Refreshing your house can even be as simple as moving something from one room to a different room. Change is always a good thing! Here are some of my favorites from the article, you can find it in it's entirety here.Organize with trays- I love trays on coffee tables, I especially love them when they're on an ottoman that's being used as a coffee table. Think of how easy it is to keep your remotes, your favorite magazine or book and some fun flowers in a tray. Then if you need to use your table or ottoman, you just move the tray and it's instantly clear for you to use.Refresh your bathroom- This can be as easy as changing out your shower curtain and getting matching towels. It's amazing the difference a new shower curtain can make in a bathroom. You could also try adding some new fun artwork. Often times bathroom walls get left out, but I think they're one of the best places to try out funky colors or patterns.

Refresh with new sheets- I love the feeling of climbing into bed right after I've changed my sheets. They're so crisp and clean. I love it even more when it's a pair of brand new sheets that I'm using for the first time. Bedding is a very easy way to change up your bedroom. Try a new color or go with all white.

Hope these ideas will spark your creativity!

1 comment:

Me.shell said...

I love the idea of a tray....what a simple way to have a fun center piece but still be able to use your table! Love your ideas keep them coming I need all the help I can get:) I would love to read your thoughts on pillows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails